Friday 31 May 2013

shopping saturday with mum...

tomorrow I'm going to partake in one of my favourite activities; shopping. but this won't be just any old shopping outing, this is shopping with my mum. this is planning the week before hand, spending, pondering and discussing in depth over lunch, coffee breaks and then digesting the whole way home and the next day too.

this shopping trip is pre- holiday, a chance to coo at baby clothes and opportunity to snap up an unexpected bargain or treat. we're heading to Leeds to check out the new Trinity Shopping Centre and so I can introduce my mum to the delights of bibis, this is a gorgeous Art Deco, great gatsby glamorous restaurant and cocktail bar that has been well loved for years but I'm such a novice to the dining and drinking scene in Leeds I have only just discovered, thanks to my lovely bestie.


so in two weeks i jet to marrakech with my gorgeous husband so the shopping list (route planned from the car park and back again of course) is holiday inspired. and by holiday inspried i mean that road we all go down when we feel that a week in sunnier climes calls for floaty things, more swim wear than you can shake a colourful stick at and traveller inspired jewelry. top of the list is another bikini; I'm down to only one that fits me and my slightly bigger pregnant boobs. black I think, let's go classic. I'm also on the hunt for a 'go with anything' t shirt for Dave, a simple black vest from H&M Mama and some flat, black, leather peep toes to see me through my last 11 weeks at work. spotted in topshop.

we're looking forward to a good primark rummage though. now primark falls in and out of favour with me. sometimes it's crap central and the next time it is full of pieces you just have to have to jazz up a lacking wardrobe. I bought a stripy cotton maxi skirt from there last month, one that can grow with me and then shrink down again. I spotted one in there a couple of weeks ago in leopard print and that might just have my name on. same goes for a cream kaftan covered in black, gold and acid beading; again will work equally well with the aforementioned black bikini as it will with skinny jeans or leggings when I get more plump. ive got a beady eye out for a sleeveless blouse too.

and once the shopping list has been made and discussed all that's left to do is plan the outfit and get my nails painted if I've not already been shallaced. so whatever you plan to do with your Saturday, enjoy. I will thoroughly enjoy my girl's day and keep you posted on the splurges...


No comments:

Post a Comment